Mandrake (2022) Full HD - Phumi24

episode/Full quality/Movie

Mandrake (2022)

Director: C. LeMar McLean Writers: C. LeMar McLean Upload Date: 11-11-2022 Upload By: Admin

Welcome to Phumi24

Summary

A shy woman runs away from her difficult life in the city and seeks refuge in a small mountain town where she knows more danger than being "canceled" waiting for her.

Description: 

     I got to check out a little bit earlier coming out this week on November 10th on the horror streaming service shutter and that is called Mandrake this film was directed by Lynn Davison this is her directorial debut and was written by Matt Harvey and stars people like Deidre Mullins Paul Kennedy durable karate and tells the story of a weird witch lady that is taking kids and people and sacrificing him hey guys what's going on if you're new here to the Channel I want to welcome you to hit that like button and that subscribe Button as I talk about all things movies TV and all kinds of other fun stuff here on the channel and if you're a fan of horror specifically I do usually do at least one early movie review a week for the horror streaming service shutter that's all about horror and today we're talking about Mandrake a movie that comes out on November 10th that I got to check out a little bit early like I mentioned this is the directorial debut of Lynn Davison and it's always interesting to see the first film that I director directs you know this person has directed short films and some episodes of Television but this is the first time they're directing a feature and it's coming to shutter as a shutter original so again a big thanks to those over a shutter for sending me over an early screener to check out their movie so what did I think about it honestly I wasn't a fan I thought that there was things about this movie that did work and we're gonna get into that first but ultimately I just didn't really find this to be a film that I'll ever see myself revisiting nor is it a film of 2022 especially in the horror genre that I'm necessarily clamoring to recommend to anybody I think if you have the horror streaming service shutter then maybe if you throw it on you'll enjoy watching it to some degree but honestly this wasn't a movie that really worked for me on a narrative level or on a character level which ultimately I think is the thing that's the most important when you're watching a movie now let's talk about what really worked about this movie I really enjoyed the setting this takes place in Ireland and so I think that they use a lot of really great locations and settings to really amplify the story here and give it a nice creep be feel and Vibe there's a lot of nice landscape shots in this movie that really do hone in on the overall area giving you a good idea of where this film takes place so since most of the film does take place in Practical locations and settings the overall aesthetic of the film tends to be a lot better there's also a really great use of practical effects which I thought was definitely one of the other highlights of the film and I did think that the performances throughout were pretty good some of the performances are just decent in my opinion but for the most part I did find the performances were pretty solid while watching this so where does this movie really lack where it really comes down to its Story We hone in on a woman who deals with people who have just come out of prison and are now on probation she's the kind of person who will go to somebody's home and put the you know house arrest thing around their ankle and things like that and then her ex-husband who she had a child with is a police officer himself and they kind of build a bit of a weird estranged relationship between her and her son who now lives with her ex-husband and his now stepmother who's pregnant with another child and they kind of build this weird family Dynamic our main character isn't really the greatest mother there's a big undertone and message about motherhood here that ultimately I don't think necessarily stuck The Landing in my opinion uh but yeah that's pretty much what we're going for here this mother who has not really raising her son she's not really connected to her son and uh the son actually loves the stepmother a lot more and Compares his mother to his stepmother frequently because she's the one that he's always with and she's the one that's far more motherly and so there is this thing that weighs our main character throughout the course of the film where she's wondering you know can a true mother really have somebody else...

 

Thank you for support Phumi24.org

Phumi24 does not store any files on our server, we only embed media which is hosted on third party hosting services.

Comment